Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:16 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : You guys downunder have it all

Sonny

Posted: 03:06pm 15 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

what next :-)
a complete novice

sPuDd

Posted: 10:28pm 17 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

James May summed it up well in a recent Doco:
The reason we have not seen any "new" transport technology is because of the OH&S nanny state. Imagine if cars had not been invented until now. As the inventor you try to convince the nanny state that this mass of complex metal will need to be filled with a dangerous explosive liquid by the general public and will emit toxic pollution.

It would never get off the ground - excuse the pun.

sPuDd..

It should work ...in theory

Sonny

Posted: 03:32am 18 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's why I love living in the states Spud. Just to put up a turbine it seems you guys have to go through more crap then I would if I were trying to build a new city of 10 million people. I can put my turbine up and don't have to answer to anyone unless I want to hook it to the grid and then only with the local power company. Plus we get a payback for any power we put back into the system that is more then we use. And at a rate higher then the per kilowatt we pay the power company for the same power.
a complete novice

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024