Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:11 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : "RE" Lawnmower

MacGyver

Guru

Posted: 10:40pm 11 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Courtesy of my son having dumped his student loan on me, I have been forced to fire my gardner and use that money against this new debt.

Having given away my power mower, power edger and power blower (all gas-powered) to a former gardner who found himself between a rock and a hard spot, all I have left is a push mower designed for a midget.

I'm just short of 7 feet tall, so pushing this lawnmower was for me probably similar to anyone else trying to shove a skateboard through mud!

So . . . I made a little "mod" and it works great! I live on one-third of an acre and no matter how you place a 5-bedroom home on that much land, there's oodles and oodles of room left for grass!

Here are a couple pics:

That's my little greenhouse in the rear; I grow tomatoes using DWC hydroponics.

Here's another view:

For anyone questioning whether this is an "RE" (renewable-energy) application,
I'll let you push the silly thing around my yard a while to convince you!Edited by MacGyver 2010-04-13
Nothing difficult is ever easy!
Perhaps better stated in the words of Morgan Freeman,
"Where there is no struggle, there is no progress!"
Copeville, Texas

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 01:54am 12 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Why push it in the first place, when you have a son that should be helping to offset the loan interest.

I do remember pushing one the same as a kid. No easy task.
Then this will help with the reduction of "Big Mac" but might increase the methane level you discharge.

Pete.

Sometimes it just works

MacGyver

Guru

Posted: 05:04am 12 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Pete

Big Mac, by the way, has lost 59 pounds! He has reduced his overall body fat from 32.something % down to 27. Resting hear rate is down to 65-ish from 85. Blood pressure is down to near normal from off-the-chart. Cholesterol will be tested on the 16th and I'm going to be disappointed if it's anything above 150!

As for the son who stuck me with this booby prize; he's a PhD Aeronautical Engineer making over $100K a year and told me he's doing this bit of nastiness just because he "can". No other reason apparently. I wasn't aware of any bad blood between us, but believe me, there's plenty now.

As I mow the grass, I think of each blade of grass as his pecker!

This fellow, by the way is 27, married with 2 kids and lives three states away in Texas, which is all the better, since I'd like to wring his neck!

To rub it in, he informed me he's something like 3rd on the list to buy the De Lorian car as they are remanufactured and roll off the line. I can't wait. A few months after he's gotten the car ($85K cash!) I intend flying to his town in Texas, renting a large moving truck and backing over the damned thing then taking a plane back to California!

Nothing difficult is ever easy!
Perhaps better stated in the words of Morgan Freeman,
"Where there is no struggle, there is no progress!"
Copeville, Texas

powerednut

Posted: 06:16am 12 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just think - he has two kids to do this to him.

Karma is

grub

Posted: 09:05pm 12 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Your yard may be too big for it but I fitted the motor out of a maytag washing machine onto a lawnmower chassis (had a blown motor). After making an adaptor for the blades it mows a treat. It is quiet and easy to start :)
Both mower chassis and motor were cheap (out of non functioning machines). The only manufacturing required was the adaptor for the blades.
Just don't run over the electrical lead.

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 12:53am 13 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mack

I made one out of an old 12 volt generator picked up in the scrap and two 17 ah gell cells picked up at swap meet for 20 bucks to run the generator on 24 volts it works well and no lead to electrocute yourself the weight of it would help in the weight reduction program and its a neat little project.
Kids should be drowned at birth I think they only wait for you to die so they can sell what you got and waste the money, so don't die and piss him off no end.

All the best

Bob

Ps: send him the monster exercise machine you have created collect to piss him off as well.
Foolin Around

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024