Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:08 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Results with Ioniser for pool

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 12:05pm 12 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

For all of you that were interested, I bought an aquavic water ioniser.

So......

Results:
went from running a chlorine pool with Chemi-gem auto dosing gizmo, which used
20L chlorine every 3 weeks at $28 a throw and no-fume acid at $30/20 l every 3 months.

Now chlorine use is almost nill, I give it a bit on the weekend after all swimming is done to "burn" off the suncreeen, skin oils etc.

Instead of running the pump for 8hrs I now only run 5 hrs (a saving of 4.5KW/day!!!)
pool water is clear as a bell ad i'm satisfied perfectly safe.

Anyone interested more than happy to provide further advice and now that i've bought one, John at aquavic will look after me for repeat custom.

Price for an average 40,000L pool about $600 and for above that upto 175,000L about $900.

Now in chemical use you're saving about $300/ year. Winner.
In electricity you're saving 4000KW/hr/year OR BETTER! Winner.
I make that about $80 in electricity at the minimum and at best upto double that.

Payback in 2 years makes it a sound investment and that before you even consider all the other benefits of being able to drink the water, use it on the gardens after backwashing etc etc etc.

Its not a 0 chemical addition solution but close enough that it wins hands down for me.

Karl

Luck favours the well prepared

wind-pirate

Posted: 01:03am 13 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

YES:
Getting rid of the chemicals is priceless.

Ron
THE Pirate.
stealing wind & solar energy is fun

Variflex

Posted: 02:00am 08 Feb 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wow, this looks like an excellent alternative to replacing the chlorinator next time it fails

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024