Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:34 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : New Inventors - All in one

grub

Posted: 09:33pm 26 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Did anyone watch the New Inventors last night (26 may 2010). What did you think of the all in one power generation unit?
It was a shipping container with solar panels, wind generator, battery bank and diesel generator all incorporated with the one unit.
The builder said that it would cost $50 000 and it would take two years to recupe costs. $25 000 a year for a power bill. That would be my entire earnings for the year!
The builder said that the batteries could run the entire household for 4 days.
I thought it was an interesting concept in suppling an "instant" power production plant but surely the intended market would already have a diesel generator already and therefore would only need the solar panels and wind generator added.

I posted this in "Other Stuff" as it had bits of wind, solar and other stuff covered.

GWatPE

Posted: 10:05pm 26 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sounds like RAPS in a box. I don't see how this can be called an invertion, as I know of pre-existing systems with the same function, even down to the shipping container.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:16am 27 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All

I built these 35 years ago and it wasnt a success because the power was cheap to buy and the power companies where running out SWER lines for nothing, now it is all user pay so the concept is coming out on its own again,

I did a quote for a friend to fit solar to his new site last month $30K the quote he had from the power company was $28K to ron 150 mtr lines single phase connect and supply transformer and the electrician quote to go from the pole to residence $4K so $32K total and he still has to pay the power bills.

So this guy with his new invention? may just have a market now.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 03:17am 27 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I agree, how can you call a repackage an invention.

He has invented nothing just packaged others inventions.

I have worked on sites with generaors in shacks like a shipping container with battery backup, and all hes done is added solar and wind .....big deal you guys have been doing that for years.

I think OZ had a expresion for this..... YMCA ....yesterdays muck carved again.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

Robb

Posted: 04:39am 27 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I found my self thinking whats new too. I'v seen similar installs at comms sites minus the wind generator.

It should be on iview if you have the bandwidth, the download quota and an aussie IP address.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024