Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:16 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : nostalgia

niall1

Posted: 09:42pm 24 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

while touring around for a few days it was a nice surprise to come across this....sadly we have very few off these left .....this one hasnt run in a loong while ........but still has a huge presence about it

seemingly at one stage they were more plentiful here than people imagine...although
most that did exist were broken up for their stone work when they fell out off fashion
i was talking to a guy who painstakingly maintains one off the very few working examples left..he told me about how his mill was damaged during a storm and one oak blade needed to be replaced after..

after the work was done a right off passage was to be strapped onto the new blade tip and go for one free slow revolution ...

the impression i got was that the government health and safety guy had gone home at that stage.....

nice active yaw as well....
Edited by niall1 2010-06-26
niall

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024