Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:17 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Calculation sheet for a.c. generator

Florin

Posted: 06:42am 15 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guys,
I have tried to make a calculation sheet for calculating the axial flux generator.
http://sites.google.com/site/florintanasa/fisa_calcul
I waiting for feedback about the accuracy of calculations.Edited by Florin 2010-07-16

Florin

Posted: 12:33pm 30 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guys,
I added a file using Smath, is an program very similar with Mathcad.
Nobody has any opinion?

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:40pm 30 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Florin

I am afraid the maths is way above my head as it's a long tome since I used maths at this level, However I can see that it could be a very useful tool for development of AXF mills, if you where to make the program a parameter window interactive program with the maths in the background it would be very useful, from what I can see it is more accurate than some of the simple simulation programs I have used and discarded, due to wrong interaction between the various parameters.

You have put a lot of work into the calculation and to make it interactive say on a excel spreadsheet would make it a very useful tool.

The calculation for a starting point for coil design for AFX would be really useful as a starting point taking the magnet speed of rotation with the radius to give linear speed, and the magnet gauze, coupling (air space} number of turns on the coil, and wire size related to the power output at various revolutions would save on coil overheating and burnout.
Coil numbers say from three to thirty and the number of magnets in relation to the coils.

I am sure that that there would be a lot that would appreciate the window approach to the calculations rather than going through the entire manual calculations.

Good effort.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Florin

Posted: 03:46pm 30 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Bob,
I have in plan to put this calculations in C++, I think using qt lib.
I initially used this way for understanding more didactic problem of the phenomenon.

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 12:11am 31 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Florin
Love your maths unfortunately maths these days have changed a lot since I have left school in around 1960. It is way above my head and I never used calculators at my school age just use school teacher, pencil, paper and my head which has faded away since I left school, getting employment that don’t use much math for years as I am getting older but getting wiser

Dwyer

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024