Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:47 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : amateur radio antenna rotator

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 12:49am 02 Aug 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've replaced a broken drive belt in my compass indicator unit (the indoor part).. Probably because the drive belt broke it became mis aligned, so now that I have replaced it , how the hell do I align it again.. I've followed the instruction , no go .. tried 2-30 times ripping my hair out .. it runs smoothly for a while , then goes ape , doing 2 approx revolutions uncontrollable
.The outdoor unit turns nicely , it's just the indoor unit that is cranky.
any helpers

Bruce
Bushboy

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 03:32am 02 Aug 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have no idea what you are talking about , but have found many of these gadgets do have little alignment markings on them to position the parts in the correct location before fitting the belt etc.

You might say like the indicators for fitting a timing belt to a motor.

Look very carefully as they should be there somewhere i would expect.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 03:58am 02 Aug 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah, thanks Pete, no markings on these ,,apart from my own black markings I put on before I dismantled it ..

I'll open it up (a bugger of a job) and take another look ... Like working on a rolex watch ,,I suupose..

Bruce

Bushboy

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 04:05am 02 Aug 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You might find they are in a different location like on a cog else where, sometimes a dot, an triangle or a dash.

Videos and the likes use this indication and is a bugger to find but once you do it is an easy job.

I be hard pressed to think they are not there somewhere......somewhere being the hard part.

Dont know if i want you working on my rolex watch

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 07:15am 02 Aug 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Pete,, my rolex is the $24 Thiland type ,,,no big deal..

OK, I didn't see any marks or indications before I dismantled it ,, but I'm guessing I'll have to re-visit that area and see if there is any "changeable" cams that just could be the problem.. It's around $800 worth ,,so a trip back to Japan would probably not be worth ...

I've visited radio forums ,, no takers ,, so , I guess there are only a handfull of experts in the whole world on repairing these things.

Thanks Pete, watch you posts on your Solar every day

Bruce.

Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024