Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:18 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : earthquake proven mill

shawn

Posted: 07:20am 04 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guys mill servived 7.1 quake today!! power out everyware except my home and 130 km gust winds (met report) for next two days!! should be fun.
I am at the center of were the quake hit (not fun) but nobody hurt .

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 07:49am 04 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Shawn,
Glad you came out unscathed after that quake, some of the pic's on the web so show why NZ is called the Shaky Isles....

shawn

Posted: 10:30am 04 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thanks brian this is the first earthqake I have ever felt and the biggest ever around here anyway.
I blame australia just dosn't want to let go of its earths plates
our goverment has sold everything, so will probly only hert overseas owened insurance companys
On a diferent note i still am building a new gen but waiting for you and glen to do all the hard work turns of wire etc .
May have got a frend hooked as well these things are adictive.

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 04:56pm 04 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Shawn,

Good to hear you came threw the tremor ok, and the mill survived.

130 kph winds will test the mill out and think you will need more than the vacuum cleaner this time to pull a load.

Speaking of pulling a load, guess you could do a few loads of washing to clean your underpants after the quake.

I always thought New Zealand wasn't all cracked up to be what others made it, But it is now from what i seen on the news.

[quote]I blame Australia just doesn't want to let go of its earths plates [/quote]

Its the law of the jungle mate, the Superior will always survive.

Good luck in the coming days.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

shawn

Posted: 10:20am 05 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi there pete mill spiking to 45 amps at 26 volts but likes to sit around 20 - 27 amps
Have balanced prop much better sounding now!! and built state of the art dump
consisting of fence wire (high tensile) wraped around fluresent light tube LOL now when the dump switches on the amps go up a little sure there is a reason for this but this kiwi will never work it out
I think we are one meter closer to aus, wonder if flights get cheaper?

Did not have time to put underpants on (or anything else)so no washing needs doing.

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 04:43pm 05 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What you got caught with your pants down.

The reason the amps go up on the dump load, is because the dump do not have to get to a cutin voltage like a battery, so it works from zero volts upwards where as the battery needs to have the mill generate above 24 volt before the current starts to flow into the battery.

Good you got a sturdy dump sorted, much better than the light globes.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024