Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:27 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Self Powered ???

Khalil

Posted: 07:20pm 12 Feb 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Permanent Magnetic Generator + Deep cycle batteries + electric motor + all the gears, charge controller, wiring and inverters needed = my vision.

Electric motor uses charge from Deep cycle batteries to turn generator.

Generator makes the electricity, which is stored in batteries and flows through inverter to whatever you need power for. Power also is supplied to a small electric motor which is in conjunction with necessary gears (direct shaft) or pulley/belt turns the generator.

Motor will consume some of the generated power and the rest for us to use!!!. I am not an electrician or an engineer so I don't know enough about the subject to know how to pull this off. It's just an Idea I came up with while thinking of an inexpensive way to power my house and farm. Anyone ever heard of something like this? Or is it only a dream? Thank you.

Khalil

RossW
Guru

Posted: 09:06pm 12 Feb 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You need to brush up on physics and reality.

This kind of rubbish is called "overunity" or "perpetual motion", which educated people recognise as not only practically impossible, but theoretically impossible.

Glenn, or someone with mod status, please delete this thread.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:57pm 12 Feb 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Khalil

Yeah Ross is right, it cant and never will work. Its also a topic that gets a negative response on many forums. Any video you have seen that shows it working is a fake.

Treat everything as a box, to get energy out, you need to have put the energy in, plus a bit more. Nothing is 100% efficient, there ARE ALWAYS losses. If we start with 100 watts of power, and use it to drive a modern efficient motor that might be 90% efficient, we end up with 90watts of shaft power. The other 10 watts gets wasted as heat, noise, air flow, etc. We then use this 90watts shaft power to drive a generator, and that generator might by 80% efficient, we end up with 72watts of electrical power. If we added a gear box, we would loose even more power, through bearings and drive losses. So our motor gearbox combination has turned 100 watts into 72 watts. We're going backwards already and we havn't added electrical and battery losses yet!

There are a bunch of engineering laws that tell us why things like this wont work, but its easier to treat everything as a box, more goes in than comes out.

Glenn

edit: found this interesting link, I might put it on the main site. http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htmEdited by Gizmo 2011-02-14
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024