Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:47 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : 19th November, BBQ!

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:14am 21 Nov 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well this Sunday saw the get together at my place. All up there were five of us, and the day was a freindly get together. Dennis showed us his progress on PVC blades, and we tested a couple of his blade sets on my windmill. He also went into detail how he made the blades and his plans for future improvements. Trev brought along some of his aluminum castings and fibreglass blades. Andrew showed his 7 phase conversion on a stator, and Neal showed his new windmill based on a vehicle hub bearing, very strong and clever design.
The day was spend sharing idea's and looking at each others work, a BBQ lunch and lots of Trev's ginger beer, plus of course watermelon and paw-paw. Even the dog behaved herself most of the time.

I think everyone enjoyed the day and gained some useful infomation along the way. I'll try to hold a similar get together every year.

My only regret is I didn't get a group photo

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 12:23pm 21 Nov 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gimzo
i got my car back on the road on saturday morning however it was too late for me to attend the get togther BBQ day maybe next time however didnt not finish other F&P alloy hubs run out of times

Dwyer the bushman

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024