Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:34 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : 28th Jan 2008. Australia Day Weekend

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:14am 28 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well it was a good weekend, got a few projects finished and had time to take it easy and watch a couple of DVD's.
After the rain and land slips of last weekend, its been nice to see the sun for the last few days. I had a contractor with his bobcat up here on Friday to clear away the mud from the land slides. Here you can see where the slip was behind my house, after the mud was removed.

This photo is from down on the street looking up at the house. It shows the slip below the house pad, about 3 meters from my front door.

I dumped a heap of scrap steel in there before the bobcat covered it all in the mud from the back.

Finished the spot welder. Its still a little erratic, the NE555 circuit needs a bit of fine tuning, and I found the contactor can be slow to release occasionally.

Had a visitor in the bathroom last night. Went to the toilet before bed, lifted the lid to see a snake trying to hide under the rim. Hmm. It had to go. A quick flush loosened its grip and I grabbed him with my snake catcher, then let him go in a tree. It was just a common green tree snake, harmless but still gives you a fright.

I get a lot of pythons and tree snakes around here. Even seen a few dragons and legless lizards. So far only one taipan, thank goodness. I dont mind the snakes so long as they stay out of the house.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

vasi

Guru

Posted: 07:50am 01 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

You can have a very nice blog only with stories from your place. Things about gardening, photography, wild birds and reptiles, flowers and trees, etc.

Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

vasi

Guru

Posted: 10:34pm 10 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,
I read on an australian blog, you can't find snakes where is a family of blue tongue lizards. Is that true?

Here is the source.
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024