Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:42 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Where to find dc motors?

sticks22

Posted: 03:16am 06 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

While scrounging is my main focus, where can I find some common dc motors to use for wind tubines? What common products use these type of motors? Ive read that treadmills use them. I guess? What other places (machines) can they be found? I just want enough voltage to run a couple of lights and maybe a tv.

sticks22

Tinker

Guru

Posted: 01:59pm 06 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Perhaps you should look at it in a different way. Its not very practical to run *anything* directly off a wind turbine. The output is just too erratic as the wind rarely blows at a constant speed.
Instead, you use the wind generator output to charge a battery, or several in a bank. You then power your appliances from that battery, via a DC to AC inverter if you want AC power.
Chose your motor to suit your wind generator blades and what charging power you are expecting.
Reading all the messages on this forum would also give you plenty of ideas.
KlausEdited by Tinker 2008-02-08
Klaus

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024