Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:00 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Radient Energy Diatribe

martinjsto

Posted: 06:23am 07 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi all,
i came across this on the web last night, i was thinking of ways to convert static electricity into usable charging power, it is baced on the electrec effect of wire
see http://www.nuenergy.org/alt/radiant_energy_diatribe.htm

the basic principle is to convert the high voltage low amp static electricity into low voltage high amp
the diagram goes like this

it states it actualy is using the natural enegy found all around from space
whats your thoughts as i would like to make one for my farm
martin
free power for all
McAlinden WA

Gill

Posted: 09:35am 07 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I can see what he is trying to do.

I would make one just that I can't find any 20kv diodes or 20kv .oo1mfd caps in the junk box.

What is a tuned spark plug too? I just have ordinary ones.

I think the body of the ignition coil has an earth connection missing.

Isn't a 1N4001 diode = 1 amp???
Not much of a charging current expected then!

Very refreshing idea.
Will fit it to a kite next thunder storm. I want some REAL POWER. That's the key.
was working fine... til the smoke got out.
Cheers Gill _Cairns, FNQ

martinjsto

Posted: 10:00am 07 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

good points gill, it does say someware on the web page up to 20kv but i guess the higher you use the more power you can get.
the 14001 diode is 1 amp limited
see
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/1N/1N4007.pdf
but im sure we could use something better
i will research the caps and 20kv diode.
better not hold on to that kite gill lol

martin

free power for all
McAlinden WA

martinjsto

Posted: 10:08am 07 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sory gill, the tuned spark plug i believe is just adjusting the gap, the larger the more buildup of power befor arcing creating a type of pulse, i think, i have only just started to research this and will need to re-read the article.
the whole assembly is earthed through a earth stake, the ignition coil is being used as a transformer
the author does state that the system is being used to power a whole house, through batteries and inverter
an interesting concept
martin

free power for all
McAlinden WA

GWatPE

Posted: 10:14pm 07 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think you will find that high voltage diodes are in Colour TV CRT ccts or microwaves. You should be able to series the diodes to the desired voltage rating. I would talk to a TV tech.

cheers, Gordon.

become more energy aware

Tinker

Guru

Posted: 02:46pm 08 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

And the high voltage capacitors can be found in wrecked medical shortwave machines, I think I have such a beast in my junk box .

Ignition coils only had 3 connections, as shown, AFAIK.
The hi tension common is internally tied to the negative terminal. The negative goes to the points (and a capacitor) in the older car ignition systems.

I recon one could get heaps more power from that idea if the long wire was run parallel to a hi tension transmission wire. Its of course illegal and potentially lethal to try that, so please dont.
Klaus

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 09:30am 09 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've seen this sort of idea before, and I see no reason why it wouldn't work, but there is very little power available. If you had a fence several hundred meters long you could tap into a couple of the wires ( look up electrostatic generator ), but not the top one, keep that eathed in case of lightning strike. Several hundred meters may give enough current to make this thing worth while, but even then I think you would only get a few milliamps of power.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Highlander

Posted: 08:59pm 09 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I saw this on the Mythbusters tv show.
Unfortunately they came to the conclusion that it was a waste of time.
The test they did was under high tension lines and they had an incredible amount of wire from memory.
Maybe do a search on their site.
Central Victorian highlands

vasi

Guru

Posted: 09:16pm 09 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is working only under this:

I don't know about that schematic but you can light a bulb with a Yagi antenna. In Romania was a show on TV about a few houses under high tension lines, using antenas for electric power. You can adjust voltage lowering or rising antenna.

Now, they have counters instaled!!! Not electric instalations BUT counters... and they pay bills now . Only in Romania is possible this
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

martinjsto

Posted: 02:06pm 10 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

some other site on radient energy diatribe
http://www.linux-host.org/energy/energydevice.htm
some different circuits there.
there seems to be potential, even a few amps from a few systems in series/parralell could be viable charge system, maintenence and wind/solar free. also the article claims hanging teflon tape on the wire greatly increase output
does anyone think 240v ac rectified to 120dc dc be suficient to create/improve the electrek effect of coax cable? the article states a high dc voltage aplied to the wire to create a magnetic field during heating and cooling of the cable.
martin

free power for all
McAlinden WA

petanque don

Posted: 12:15am 12 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As an ex ham operator I once noticed sparks when I removed the earth on an antenna.

I will suggest that the energy typically available is small and depends on the weather.

So there is little chance of harvesting worthwhile amounts of energy.

Lighting protection is likely to be an issue.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024