Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:36 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Hackers are busy

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:06am 04 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Noticed the hackers have been very busy the last day trying to break the web site. The attacks are failing as far as I know, I'm getting lots on SQL injection attempts. The thing with hackers, its easy to spot the bad ones, its the clever ones you need to worry about, because they leave no trace and you have no idea they have broken in.

So just a timely reminder. The password you use to access this forum should not be used for anything else! Use separate passwords for social media like this and important stuff, like your computer password or banking, etc. If someone were to hack this site and steel your password, then the most damage they could do is post a message as you on this forum.

All this forum knows about you is your forum username, your country and your email address, and a encrypted password. Not worth anything to a hacker, unless you use the same email and password for something else.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Keith Johnson

Posted: 01:04am 27 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If a Hacker wants to steal my life he is welcome.
It wont do him much good.
If someone tried to send messages in my name they would have to be much grumpier than I for fold to notice.

But yes I should look at the passwords I use.
Like most of us I take the path of least resistance when choosing them.

My employer insist that we change our password every 30 days
A bit of a challenge for an old bloke
Do you start again when you get to "password99"

Keith

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024