Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:27 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : You need to act on this edit policy and quadruple the allowed image re

bob.steel

Posted: 07:25am 14 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Posted: 05:15pm 14 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard
Print this post
Edit | Quote

Edit got me again . Here is the Pro Power I first opened up. I had the zero voltage cel out for the dendrite treatment.
Can't work out what the admin is doing with these pictures . Ive never seen so many ridiculous restrictions Admin . Its time you took another look at this . Everyone wants to edit there posts so they are coherent  and errors are removed . You don't allow it?

This silly little picture that comes up here ,you cant see a thing . Pointless posting it!

Edited 2022-02-14 17:28 by bob.steel

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:56am 14 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Works okay for me.

Each worldwide forum is different and posting images is different.

I use the image upload, up to 10meg, and standard image formats and follow the instructions.

Face book makes you lazy as it always auto re-sizes and does all the integration.

This one is 2.4meg

Edited 2022-02-14 17:58 by Clockmanfr
Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 04:46am 16 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As far as not being able to edit your posts, that only happens after someone replies to your post.  You can edit your post(s), up until someone replies, then you cannot.

The reason for this has been explained in the past, but you may not have been a member at that time.  It is so that posters cannot go back and edit what they posted, if someone takes them to task on something written.

In a lot of other forums, you CAN edit your post after someone replies to it, and it leads to all kinds of flame wars, as you end up with situations where someone will say something like: "The sky is orange.", then someone will correct that, then the OP goes back and edits the post to say: "The sky is blue." - then proceed to attack the person who replied with the correction, calling them liars etc, when the OP has actually changed the post to reflect the correction, then starts name-calling the person who posted the correction.

I personally think this system as used here, is a good one - you can always post a follow-up post agreeing with someone if they correct you and you agree with it.

Images are another matter, and I also have issues with some images - mainly schematics.  Circuit diagram images in either JPG or GIF come out fuzzy.  The JPG format makes them fuzzy by itself, and the forum software seems to squeeze the GIF format which makes them fuzzy also.  Ordinary pictures usually come out fine provided they are of a suitable size.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

phil99

Guru

Posted: 11:43am 16 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

.PNG (uncompressed) images, including circuit diagrams remain clear and sharp.
If you have a lot to write do it on a word processor first so you can proof read and edit it before saving as ASCII text, then post it.

bob.steel

Posted: 10:31pm 19 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I find I need to rename this site to "TheBackwardshed.com"

It is the worst I have seen for edits and policies and change .

Its a terribly outdated bulletin blog type page and the admin seems to be backward also.

bob.steel

Posted: 10:33pm 19 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

phil99 said  .PNG (uncompressed) images, including circuit diagrams remain clear and sharp.
If you have a lot to write do it on a word processor first so you can proof read and edit it before saving as ASCII text, then post it.

Thats just stupid and you should be ashamed of yourself

bob.steel

Posted: 10:36pm 19 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  As far as not being able to edit your posts, that only happens after someone replies to your post.  You can edit your post(s), up until someone replies, then you cannot.

The reason for this has been explained in the past, but you may not have been a member at that time.  It is so that posters cannot go back and edit what they posted, if someone takes them to task on something written.That is not valid . If someone takes to task another they usually would quote the person and the statement is in the quote and can not be changed.

I personally think this system as used here, is a good one - you can always post a follow-up post agreeing with someone if they correct you and you agree with it.

Images are another matter, and I also have issues with some images - mainly schematics.  Circuit diagram images in either JPG or GIF come out fuzzy.  The JPG format makes them fuzzy by itself, and the forum software seems to squeeze the GIF format which makes them fuzzy also.  Ordinary pictures usually come out fine provided they are of a suitable size.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:31pm 19 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, it IS valid.

People just quote the edit that they made, and that is the whole point.
You seem to have missed that point.  Once someone can go back and edit a post after it has been replied to, it does not matter if the replies from other members quote the ORIGINAL post, the OP then just accuses the other members of lying about what they said - afterall, the EDITED post now shows the correction and NOT the original content, so the original poster can point out that they never said that, quoting their own correction.  Do you see what I am getting at?

Example:

Someone posts "The sky is orange"
Someone else corrects that(with or without quoting the OP - it does not matter): "No, the sky is actually blue."
OP edits the post they made before to say "The sky is blue."
OP then quotes themselves with the corrected edit and accuses the other member: "You're full of crap.  I never said that, I said the sky was Blue.  Look - here is my post."
Someone else: "Yes you DID say the sky was Orange, I saw the original post before you edited it"
OP: "No you didn't, and I never said that - you're a liar!"
Other members: "No he isn't."
OP: "Yes, he is - and so are all of you!"

See how this spins out of control WAY too easily, and too many people correct their error like that on other forums, and then claim they never said it wrong in the first place, and blame everyone else and start calling names.  It happens on pretty much ANY other forum, where posts are allowed to be edited AFTER someone else replies to the OP.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:32pm 19 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bob.steel said  I find I need to rename this site to "TheBackwardshed.com"

It is the worst I have seen for edits and policies and change .

Its a terribly outdated bulletin blog type page and the admin seems to be backward also.

One more thing in reply to THIS post of yours - you are perfectly free to NOT use this forum and go somewhere else.  No-one here is forcing you to stay if you hate it so much....

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:35am 20 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bob you've been giving this forum flack both here and on other sites. No one is forcing you to use this forum.

Yes there are bugs in the code, and some overdue improvements, but I earn my living writing code, with failing eyes and a bad back that limits the amount of time I can spend on the keyboard, so the forum is not a priority, its a hobby, and only exists  because people are using it.

I am to old and grumpy to care about an individuals criticism, but when other valued forum members find their time here is worsened by the words of one or two forum members, its easier to just deactivate the offending members account.

Glenn
Edited 2022-02-20 11:36 by Gizmo
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Murphy's friend

Guru

Posted: 06:34am 21 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said  

I am to old and grumpy to care about an individuals criticism, but when other valued forum members find their time here is worsened by the words of one or two forum members, its easier to just deactivate the offending members account.

Glenn

I noticed, it takes one to know one, old and grumpy that is .

Too bad you deactivated a very long time member whose posts were highly valued by many, including myself and you kept that know all Johnny come lately's account.

So to all members who appreciated very detailed and informative answers to transformer and choke questions, that source of wisdom has been deactivated and is unlikely to come back.

Its very likely that myself, a member since 2007 (under two monikers) will be doing that disappearing trick soon. Have done it for a while last year when that mentally challenged individual who haunted the forum back then decided to insult me via PM.
Not posting is quite easy after a week or so, try it.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:42pm 10 Mar 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Murphy's friend said  

Too bad you deactivated a very long time member whose posts were highly valued by many, including myself and you kept that know all Johnny come lately's account.

So to all members who appreciated very detailed and informative answers to transformer and choke questions, that source of wisdom has been deactivated and is unlikely to come back.

Getting a bit tired of repeating myself but here we go ...

I DID NOT deactivate Warpspeeds account. I did deactivate Bob Steele's account.

Anyone, including Tony, who thinks I deactivated Tony's account, is mistaken. Not even by accident, the only account I deactivated was Bob's.

So please stop accusing me of doing something I didnt do.

This is why I no longer give a sh*t about the forum, these petty little tiffs and people getting in huffs.
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:44pm 10 Mar 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said  
This is why I no longer give a sh*t about the forum, these petty little tiffs and people getting in huffs.

Welcome to the internet. No different to ANY other place I have been on except its far more rare here than 99% of other sites. If one draws from the cross section of society, one is naturally going to get the same range of personalities and behaviors as one would anywhere else.  There is no magic filter to only get the types of people one wants and in any case, disagreements and conflict are basic human nature.

If you have lost interest in this site, perhaps you might like to ask someone here if they will become a moderator or an admin to look after the policing of it for you?
That would nip problems in the Bud like the last one you mention before members get pissed off and fed up with people stepping over the line. Repeatedly.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024