Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:41 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Moving server

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:18am 27 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hiya

Moving the web site and forum to a new server on Monday/Tuesday 31 Jan 2023.

Its currently on a Windows server and the SSL cert is about to expire, so thought I would take the opportunity to move it over to a Linux server with ( much ) more CPU/RAM/etc. It will definitely run faster.

I rewrote the forum code in PHP/MySQL a few years ago in expectation this would happen one day, so dont expect any issues with the forum. The rest of the web site has a lot of ASP in it, but a few find/replace sessions should sort them out. I can tell the web server to treat ASP as PHP, which means any external links to site content will still work.

Anywho, if you find the site is down on Monday/Tuesday, call back an hour or so later.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 09:09am 30 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK, move done, mostly.

Still copying members files over, there are like 41,000 of them :)  Could take a few hours yet.

Some things are not working. The doc register is down, but the files are all in place so any links to the files will be ok. Lots of pages and images are broken links, working on it.

Will take a few days to get everything sorted, but the forum is working.

Its a lot faster now.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 07:08am 31 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Heads up, there may be glitches and the server may go offline from time to time while we update things over the next few days. Dont panic.

Glenn
JAQ

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:16am 31 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Definitely noticed a substantial increase in speed of the forums since the update so far.  
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 07:43am 31 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes definitely faster. You can look up matherp and see all his posts again. Would timeout before.
Latest F4 Latest H7

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024