Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:40 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Server possible outages.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 02:06am 08 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guys.

Over the next few days there web site may go down for a few minutes while we test a few changes to the server. This will be short.

The server was set up to use containers, where we have one container for the MySQL database, one for the forum, etc. Its the latest thing apparently, each process runs in its own container, but in practice its a bit rubbish and is causing a few issues when you get away from a basic web site.

So I've asked the server guy to "un-containerise" the server, and set it up as a run of the mill LAMP server.

At some stage I'll need to shut down the forum, transfer everything over and fire it back up. If possible I'll give some notice of when this may happen.

Glenn

Edited 2023-06-09 10:54 by Gizmo
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 03:53am 09 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK that should be done.
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024