Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:23 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Fruit Of The Shed

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 11:28am 20 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Afternoon everyone.

Apologies Glen if this is the wrong place to post.

I have been hosting Fruitoftheshed.com for nearly eight years as a repository of code and snippets for all things MMBasic (and a few other bits too).

Unfortunately due to ill health, I am closing my business and the sale of principal assets has already taken place. The hosting of FotS has been absorbed by my company in all this time (to keep it ad' free) but now I need to find a new home for it.

The site is a wiki hosted on classic ASP, so any microsoft IIS based server will be able to do it.

What I would like is for someone with access to such a server to step forward and take over - I will bundle the entire site, take some grabs of the config within my IIS instance here and you can stand it up at your end. I would also release the locks on the domain name and you can instigate the transfer to a domain registry of your choice.

FotS hosting by me will cease on 31st December 2023

If no-one comes forward, following the shut-down I will zip up the articles as text and images and attach to one last post here.

hope someone can take it over. It's been great.

all the best

h

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 05:06am 05 Nov 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyone have thoughts on this. @CaptainBoing has not posted since this. Would be a pity to loose some of the stuff on FotS.
Latest F4 Latest H7

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:19pm 05 Nov 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

+1

I know nothing at all about hosting a website(I use a company to setup/run my current website), so I can't help but would love to have had I could.

Surely someone else here on the forums knows ASP and could set up a host?
It would be such a shame to loose all that information.  
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

pd--

Posted: 10:13am 06 Nov 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a meager cpanel instance.
but haven't touched ASP in a few decades so not much use there

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024