Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:07 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : New page - 12v workshop fan

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 02:23am 30 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Another new page. This one is about a conversion I did to a workshop floor fan. I was pretty hapy with the results, a fun project.

http://www.thebackshed.com/Windmill/articles/12vFloorFan.asp

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

sPuDd

Posted: 11:02am 30 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What?! No PICAXE PWM control - tsk tsk Gizmo

But seriously, sweet mod. I can see that being very useful on low voltage ventilation systems. Those motors would be good for other low voltage mods too.

sPuDd..
It should work ...in theory

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:27pm 30 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glad you liked it Spudd. I gave it a good test run today, for about 2 hours on medium speed. At medium speed only one resistor takes the load and would be working its hardest dissipating 11 odd watts. The resistor gets hot, cant hold my finger on it for more than a couple of seconds, but no sweat sizzle, so its within spec. The motor wasn't even warm.

To be honnest I did plan to use a PicAxe as a PMW, but sometimes I think too much emphasis is placed on the most efficient design, where a simple design will do the job good enough, and means more people can copy the idea. So I decided to keep it simple.

Glenn Edited by Gizmo 2009-08-31
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 12:44pm 20 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glen

I am using your Idea to do a roof mounted evaporative house cooler to get away from energy hungry aircon will post when bugs sorted out.

The less bits the less magic smoke escapes.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024