Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:20 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Added a User Postings display

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 07:10am 18 Oct 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've had requests for a function in the forum where you can see threads started by users. In other words, you go to a users details page and get a list of all the threads they started. This would be handy, if your following the progress of a members project, you could go straight to a list of all the postings they started, instead of searching through the forum.

This was actually a lot harder to implement that you might think. The database doesnt store who started any thread, it simply displays the thread postings in the order they were posted under the thread topic. So I had to write the code to work out who it was who posted the first posting in each thread. There are many ways to do this, but I needed to find the way that has less of a CPU hit on the database.

Anyway, I think its working OK. If you go to the members list, click on any member to display their details page, and down the bottom you can see all the threads they started.

If there are any problems please let me know.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

oztules

Guru

Posted: 12:24am 19 Oct 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks the goods.

Thanks

........oztules
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024