Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:20 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Two new pages

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 09:03am 11 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've added a couple of pages to the web site.

First up, a page about the best way to mount the extruded blades. The info on this page is based on past experience and discussions here on the forum.

http://www.thebackshed.com/windmill/articles/MountingExtrude dBlades.asp

And I've added a page about the hydro-electric power installation at Paronella Park. This hydro-electric plant was first commissioned in 1933, and has recently been restored to running condition. Its a interesting story, check out the links on the page to find out more. If your ever in the norther tropic region of Queensland Australia, around Cairns, then Paronella Park is a must see.

http://www.thebackshed.com/Windmill/articles/ParonellaParkHy dro.asp

I would like to add more articles about old hydro or wind installations, so if anyone has some information and photos about something special built by our forefathers, then please let me know.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 12:44pm 11 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

HiGlen
l knew about Paronella Park several years ago however they didnt mention that Hydro-electric plant was commissioned in 1933 maybe they keep quite for secret away from Puplic view for some security reason however what is puzzle me why old Hydro-eletric plant was send to Germany to rebuilt instead someone in Australia to the work ourself. Why this ???

Dwyer the bushman

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 12:58pm 11 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Very impressive Glenn.

It looks like such a tranqual place that a hydro system would be right at home.

Now if i only had a waterfall in my back yard. (other than overflowing gutters)

Its on the list of places to see if i ever get back up that way again.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:15pm 11 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gizmo

Very good idea to get the ideas flowing.

Bob
Foolin Around

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024