Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:37 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : 16th Sept 06. Happy birthday to me!

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 07:40am 17 Sep 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK, I'm going to try a new format for my diary entries. I'll use the weekends date for now on.

Yup my Birthday this weekend, 41. I wonder what age it is you actually start to feel over 25? Hired out a DVD I've wanted to see for a while, The Worlds Fastest Indian. This is a must see movie, about an amazing person. At age 62, in 1967, Burt Monro broke the land speed record for motorbikes under 1 litre, at just over 320kmh. He did it on a 40 year old Indian, and the record still stands today! Great movie and one I will buy for my collection.

Did some more work on the Lenz2 tower. Built the base section, 1500mm high.

And this is with the rest of the tower in place, you might be able to see how it will tilt down.

Next weekend I'll clean it up and start painting.

I also finished off the PicLog. Will update the web site tomorrow with the new version. Made a new circuit board and spend the day testing, its working great.

Glenn.

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 10:17am 17 Sep 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gimzo
Did you enjoye your birthday with your family and don.t forget to blow the candle out and also don.t forget send me a silce of cake for me and happy birthday and i like your Lenz2 tower as look real good .

dwyer the bush man

tray

Posted: 11:09am 17 Sep 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Happy Birthday!! Many Happy Returns.

Yes, the world's fastest indian is a great movie. Makes one a proud kiwi. It's amazing the knowledge he built up through the development he undertook. Apparently, the book is a good read and includes additional information not in the movie.

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 08:31am 18 Sep 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Happy Birthday Ol Mate, suppose u was on your "patmalone" ,so my thoughts were with you. And rmember, from now on there's only 6 days in aweek. that the way it feels to me anyhow.

I like your elevated pivot stub tower.. will wait and see what the rest looks like.
Happy B'Day Matey
bruce

Bushboy

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 08:33am 18 Sep 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

And you should be proud to be a Kiwi. We Ozy's may bag our little neighbour nation, but in truth you are like our little brother. NZ has consistantly pumped out some great idea's ( the F&P for one ) and great movies over the years. "Worlds Fastest Indian" brought a tear to my eye, but "Whale Rider" had me a blubbering mess

The book about Bert, is that "One Last Run"?
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024