Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:58 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : IE Error

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:43pm 22 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey just wondering how many are getting this error?

A forum member has reported it to me and I'm trying to sort it out. If you have seen this error, please post a message with your browser version, like IE7, IE6 etc.

I suspect is caused by the google news feed. I've had problems with google news feeds before.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Greenthumbs

Posted: 05:08am 23 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

IE8 and Google Chrome seem to work fine.
Maybe try and get them to clear the cache.
Regards
Damo

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 06:26am 23 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glen

My connection wasnt working all day but come good when I tried again now using firefox

Bob
Foolin Around

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:40am 23 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

There were a couple of outages last night. Storms blew trees onto power lines, caused two outages, each about 2 hours long. I dont want to confuse those outages with the IE error.

Bob did you see a error like the one in the image above?

I'm using IE8 mostly, plus I run firefox, safari and chome for testing, but I'm not having any problems. However, that doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:08pm 23 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glen

I use fire fox most times and it doesn't come up with a error message as does IE, I find that IE8 is a slower but more stable platform which I use for secure applications as Firefox constantly locks up when used on secure connections.
It may have been related to your outages but I feel it lasted longer than that. All is well now on both browsers so I am inclined to think it was at the server as nothing else has changed. Being on satellite connection lots of unexplained things happening.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:35pm 23 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The issue has been resolved, looks like a problem with the members PC that was fixed when they upgraded to IE8.

JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024