Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:59 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Forum moving, well sort of.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:01am 22 Jan 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'll be making some changes to the web sites directory structure over the next few weeks, just to clean it up a bit. One area I want to move is the forum. Its currently at www.thebackshed.com/windmill/forum1, and I plan to change this to www.thebackshed.com/forum. Doing so will mean a few changes to the database and how the web sites finds member posts and uploads, so it could take an hour or two. Once finished, it should be as though nothing changed, and the web site will know how to find the new forum posts from an old address, eg www.thebackshed.com/windmill/forum1/forum_posts.asp?TID=3233 &PN=1 will automatically be redirected to www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3233&PN=1
This means any external links and google searches will still find the correct post in the new location.

I'll have to shut down the forum while its happening, if you see the forum offline message, call back in an hour.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:07am 22 Jan 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Test 1
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:09am 22 Jan 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Test 2

JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:31am 22 Jan 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK, I think its all ok now.

Any problems, please let me know

Thanks
Glenn
JAQ

vasi

Guru

Posted: 10:41am 22 Jan 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

The breadcrumb "Forum Index" still point to an old path (duplicate page link).

Vasi
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:12pm 22 Jan 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Vasi, fixed it.

Glenn
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024