Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:21 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Server Issues

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:52pm 07 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Having a few issues with the server. A few members have emailed me to say they are having problems logging in, signing up, or changing their settings. They get redirected to a "You dont have permission....." page. Even happens to me, and I have permission to do everything

I'm looking into it.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

mac46

Guru

Posted: 01:02pm 08 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo,
All this time I've been thinking it was just me that had permission to do everything.
Thankyou, logging on is must less effort now.
.....Mac46

I'm just a farmer

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:56pm 08 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah not convinced its fixed yet. Last night I thought it was sorted, moved the whole web site to a new virtual server and it appeared to be working ok. Early this morning I get about 50 emails ( I get an email whenever there is a error page ) to say a page times out, meaning the page took too long ( 2 minutes ) to process and send to the client ( you ). But there was no reason for this, other than the server got too busy. Nothing in the logs, I suspect its the host OS. This web site lives on a virtual PC, running on a Linux based server. The ISP has recently changed this host to a different version of Linux.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 08:35am 05 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This appears to be sorted. The ISP made a few changes to the Windows virtual server to work better under the linux host environment.

Glenn
JAQ

VK6MRG

Guru

Posted: 07:34am 26 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Not sure if it's just me, or an issue with the new server?
When I first logon to the forum i can see the post's that I as of yet not read. But after I come back to the main page to look at the next new post, all posts are marked as read.
This happens on all the PC's that I have access to.
Any thoughts?
Its easier to ask forgiveness than to seek permission!

............VK6MRG.............VK3MGR............

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024