Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:35 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Registration changes

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:08am 08 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A few weeks ago I put down a blanket ban on gmail, yahoo, hotmail accounts, due to the spammers. I think this was unfair to those genuine people who wanted to join up, but were forced to contact me directly to become a member.

So I've taken that ban off, and changed the forum code to send me a email every time a new member signs up. This means I can review the new members details, and delete them if I think they are a potential spammer.

It may mean a spammer could make a post or two before I get a chance to delete them. The fix would be to stop a new member posting any messages until I've reviewed their details, but I dont want to do that, again its unfair on genuine members.

Will see how it goes.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:11am 08 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn

It is a difficult thing to be fair and open when there is so many people around that abuse the trust, no matter what approach you have there will be the odd shark through the net, it is up to members to note and report as well as we all have the privileged of sharing our interests.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

mac46

Guru

Posted: 01:35am 08 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glen,

I want to thank you for you'r continued committment to the issues of keeping the forum runing like a top. This is a great place ask a question or two, and just plain see what everybody else is up to. Very ingenious what some people can accomplish. This helps everyone expand their knowledge base in homemade and self sustaining crafts. I rate it AAA+++
....Mac46
I'm just a farmer

Rastus

Guru

Posted: 01:13pm 08 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glen,
International vandals are a minority and keeping there interuptions to a minimum is a challenge for everyone.Your prompt responce has releaved us of a lot of time consuming trouble,and freed us up to spend our time enjoying the forum.Thankyou very much Cheers Rastus
see Rastus graduate advise generously

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024