Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:50 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Blocked China

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 02:01am 08 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm made some changes to the forum software to block out China. Over the last few years, and especially the last few weeks, this forum has been under attack from China based spammers and hackers. Today there were about 400 attempts to break the forum software from China, so I've decided to block the entire country using a IP to Country lookup.

If there are any problems, like a page that comes up with the "Oops, there was a error" message, please let me know.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Ray B

Posted: 05:31am 08 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

interlect pirates - standby for a $19.95 MaxiMite on ebay out of China....
RayB from Perth WA

Bill.b

Posted: 06:30am 08 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi glenn

is this the message you are intersted in. lately i have been getting this message each time i enter is forum.

'an add-on on this website failed to run - check security settings in internet options for potential conflics '

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:36am 08 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bill

No, that would be something at your end. Each web pages contains a bunch of add-on's, like the Google News Feed or ad's, the page statistics code, etc, its a mix of java and whaever code Google comes up with. It sounds like your browser is blocking part of it, nothing to worry about.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

sparkey

Posted: 08:58am 08 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

ok glenn havent seen any thing out of the ordinary...regards sparkey but will keep an eye out...
technicians do it with least resistance

sparkey

Posted: 09:02am 08 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

actully i think that this is on my end but i thought i should mention as i try to log onto the site i get "page cannot be dispayed" then i hit refresh and i`m onto the site ...regards sparkey ..
technicians do it with least resistance

Xiongmao

Posted: 09:52am 08 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Makes a change from all the Russian attacks, I suppose...

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:14pm 08 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I find the Russians and the Americans are on parr with eachother. After China, the USA and Russia are the biggest spammers on this site. Russia was bad a couple of years ago, but the USA more so in the last year, people just trying to make a buck in a bad economy I guess.

Either way, its only a annoyance. Most of the attacks are designed to break a PHP based forum, but this one is ASP based and the attacks just dont work. A few SQL injections attacks, but thats pretty old stuff now and easily blocked.

Glenn
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024