Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:37 23 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Posting copyright material.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 09:30am 08 Apr 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Today I received yet another copyright infringement notice for material posted in the old Shop Talk ( now called Off Topic Archive, closed ). Today it was a poem posted in the Joke thread, but I've also had them for comic strips and photos posted by members. I either have the choice of removing the offending post or supplying the members details to the person making the claim, I choose the former.

So just a reminder, if you post anything that is not your own original work, you must either get permission from the author, or include details of the author to the best of your knowledge. If it's from another web site, just include something like "source - www.whatever.com/item.html", so readers can quickly visit the origin of the material. If your quoting text, change the font style to italic, or use quotes around the text, and add " author - Fred Smith" or the like.

Unfortuantely thats just the way things are these days, the internet is no different than any other public media, like print, radio or TV.

Glenn Edited by Gizmo 2012-04-09
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024