Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:05 16 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Check your passwords

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:35pm 07 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Heard on the grape vine LinkedIn got hacked, and found this story...
http://www.scmagazine.com.au/News/303939,65-million-unsalted -linkedin-passwords-posted-online.aspx

So just a reminder to members about passwords. Its always a good idea to change your passwords on a regular basis. Plus dont use the same password for different web sites, for example, your password to access this site should be unique, and not used to access your facebook/LinkedIn/etc accounts. And definitely not your online banking accounts!

You can change your password for this site easily, just go to settings, edit profile, and you can see where you enter the old password and new password. If you have forgotten your old password, the forum can email a new temporary password to you. To do this, log out, then click the Log In button, and click the Forgotten Password" link. A new password will be sent to you, so you can log in and change it to something different.

As far as I know, this site has never been compromised. But it can happen, so members need to take precautions.

GlennEdited by Gizmo 2012-06-09
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024