Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:28 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Storm Damage.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:10pm 27 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Recent flooding damage north of my location means my usual email address has been off line for the last day, and will remain so for who knows how long. It also means many of by business clients web sites are down.

Looks like a fibre optic cable has been damaged, and this is affected large area's of north Queensland, Australia. This includes the ISP that hosts my email gateway.

This means any new forum member registrations in the last day have been lost. I've made changes to the forum to send new registrations to a different email, so if you tried to register as a new member since 5am yesterday, please try again.

What is dissapointing is how our national communication network can be so easily knocked out by a washed out cable crossing. But I guess if you take a government owned network with built in redundancy, sell it to make a little money and put it in the hands of shareholders, then things like redundancy are less important when it comes to profit margins and dividend's.

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024