Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:45 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Post count wrong for some members

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:56am 09 Feb 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

For some unknown reason the forum has lost track of the post count for some members. Long time members who have posted dozens or hundreds of posts are displayed as Newbies, with only a few posts.

The posts they have written are fine, just the count is mixed up.

I'll write a little bit of code to re-count posts and fix the problem in a few days, bit busy till then.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:44pm 15 Feb 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK, wrote a little script to fix the incorrect post count. It only found 8 members with wrong numbers, and most of these were old unused accounts. The post count for each member is now up to date, but the members Group will be incorrect until the next time they post a message. When they next post, their post count will increment 1 and the software will check if their Group needs to be updated, from Newbie to whatever.

No idea why the post counts of a few members was reset, but since is was only a few members that were affected, I wont spend any time looking into it.

Put it down to gremlins.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024