Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:44 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : 10th August 07. TheBackShed on Google!

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 08:43am 10 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well I've been working pretty hard the last few weeks with the new laser cutting job. The business is new so I've spent a lot of my free time writing software applications, a basic web site ( http://www.lrsmky.com.au ) and some business advertising to help get things moving. We are starting to see some real work come through the door, hopefully the business will continue to grow and I can call my job secure.

Anyway, funny thing happened the other day that caught me by surprise. I wanted to download the latest editor for the PicAxe chip, I had forgotten the web site and feeling lazy I just typed the word PicAxe into google. Well I almost fell over when on the first page of Google was TheBackShed! Holy Cow! I dont know if its just a Australian version of the google search results, but since then I found an even bigger surprise. Typed in cnc router, and whoa! TheBackShed was there again. That would explain the extra traffic to the web site lately! What it means is other web sites have linked back to my web site, and for that I thank them.

Ok, pat on the back over, its the contributions from you guys that has made the difference to this web site. If it wasn't for the interest and activity in these forums I would have lost interest in updating the web site years ago. There are a lot of smart and inventive members here, its a relieve to know someone will be around to answer postings, and frankly some of you guys put my level of knowledge to shame. I've tried to keep the forums a friendly, happy and informative place, and its worked.

Thanks guys.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

vasi

Guru

Posted: 07:21pm 10 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

We thank you too Glenn! Your projects are a great start for us. Excellent source for ideas about how to look a DIY site and how to make wind stuff work. Also the team from Australia and New Zealand is special. Is a great comunity and I spread the news about this palce in my country and USA to my friends and cousins. And I will continue to do this!
Edited by vasi 2007-08-12
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

sPuDd

Posted: 04:16am 11 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Top work Glenn !!

The Laser site is very tidy and professional.

I found thebackshed.com years ago when searching
for PICAXE info. And because it had F&P and other
RE stuff, it has become a regular reference site for me.

Keep up the great work,

sPuDd..

It should work ...in theory

petanque don

Posted: 02:26am 13 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nice web site.

Is the laser cutting suitable for signage?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 03:47am 18 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah we do a lot of cutting for the local sign writter businesses. They are good in that they will usually provide a disc with the files ready to cut. In cutting any part, in most cases more time is spent getting the cut file ready that the actual cutting itself. We get a lot of customers come in with a bit of cut up cardboard or trace on a bit of paper, and wonder why it took 30 minutes to "cad up" the part and 30 seconds to cut it out.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024