Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:02 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : uploaded images changes

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:51pm 13 Apr 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hiya

Just a couple of small changes to the way the forum handles images. As screens get bigger and bandwidth cheaper, I've increased the size images are resized to. Note this only happens to images larger than the max size, the forum software tests the image size once uploaded, and if its bigger than it should be, will resize it down.

GIF's, which are good for line art, circuit diagrams, etc, are now resized to 1024 pixels wide. Previously it was 1000 pixels.

JPG's which are good for photos, are now resized to 640 pixels, up from 500 pixels.

PNG images can now be uploaded, and are resized the same as JPG's.

Its been suggested to allow PDF's to be treated like images. Cant happen, difficult to display a PDF as a image on a web page. PDF's can still be uploaded as files to be included in the post.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:43pm 13 Sep 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is a test.

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

Edited by Gizmo 2016-09-14
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024