Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:06 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Forum errors

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:00pm 28 Oct 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Had a few errors over the last 24 hours, thanks for the heads up Phil.

A heap of 500 errors, tracked it down to a locked up database file. I've downloaded the database, did a compact and repair, uploaded it and given it a new name. The old file and its lock file are in limbo, cant be deleted probably till the next server restart.

I've also updated the error reporting page, so it now sends me a error report when something goes wrong. One message I received indicated there is a problem with the email messaging system, so I've disabled that till I sort it out.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:20am 29 Oct 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think its all fixed. Database appears to be fine. I think emails is OK now to. To send emails the forum software was using a common component called JMail, but for some reason this is no longer working, so changed over to CDOSYS. Gave it a couple of tests.

See how it goes. At the moment there is little activity on the forum, lots or people reading, few posting, so not sure if thats because there are further software problems I dont know about, or everyone has gone on holiday.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 02:19am 01 Nov 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks like we now have problems with image upload.

I suspect the web server has been reconfigured in the last few days, as several components used by the forum software suddenly no longer work.

Working on it.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:20pm 01 Nov 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fixed.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024