Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:09 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Hacking attempts on forum

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:46pm 11 Apr 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guys

Getting more than the usual number of page errors from malformed post data on the forum. This sort of error is usually caused by hackers looking for weaknesses in the forum software.

Now, as far as I know, this forum has never been hacked.

As this is only a hobby web site, there is not much to be gained by a hacker other than your email address and forum password. Email address can found anywhere, but passwords are more important.

My advice is make sure your password here is not an important password. You should always keep passwords for forums, social media, etc, unique and separate from your more important passwords, like banking, etc. I myself have about 50 passwords, different for each site and business I deal with, and written down in a book on my desk, never stored in the computer.

So if your password here is not unique, I suggest play it safe and change it.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

paceman
Guru

Posted: 06:12pm 12 Apr 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the info Glenn, I use your method too but I'm not as conscientious.

Greg

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024