Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:59 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : Bafang BBSHD motors and what-not

poida

Guru

Posted: 07:02am 05 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Finally bit the bullet and bought a BBSHD motor and 48V 20AH battery to go with it.
It's probably common knowledge that it's an easy fit to most bikes and it was 3 hours
later and it's on the road.

Details:
Most if not all new stock sold is "52 Volts"
Programming the operating parameters is easy with a special cable or make your own
The 52V unit shows incorrect battery capacity when using a 48V battery - and there is no simple way to tell it to think it's a 48V battery via the display unit.

Fixes:

Downgrading firmware to something a bit older fixes the wrong battery capacity issue.

Also, this previous f/w fixes a very annoying thing which is the reduction to 1/2 power
when the battery capacity drops below something or other. In my case it was when
it went below 50V. This is not good at all with the 48V pack.
I was looking at 1/2 power for about 1/2 of the 20 Ah battery's capacity. Boring.
The old f/w lets you use full power all the way down to about 41V LV cut-off or whatever you choose it to be. This is much better.

Summary:
very good motor, strong, quiet, clean, well suited for the nominal 1000W output.
Easy to fit to a bike.
A lot of fun. It gets me and my fat arse up any hill and I live in the Dandenongs
which has many hills 10 or 20% gradients. No overheating problems
A robust motor for the hills.

Programming new firmware is easy to do.
Firmware Update Controller 1-5.zip has all you need. It worked fine with my Win10 laptop but I needed to program it at 19,200 baud.

Anyone here also got a Bafang motor on their bike?
wronger than a phone book full of wrong phone numbers

stanleyella

Guru

Posted: 10:55pm 29 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I got 500W 36V. Used a program and usb to adjust parameters.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024