Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:11 23 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : different take on ev's

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 04:19am 21 Apr 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

different take on EVs than the b.s. spit out on " mainstream " ..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XT9_IYMq8DQ&feature=youtu.be

very interesting...
I think it works !!

Solar Mike
Guru

Posted: 01:04am 22 Apr 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Indeed if it was correct, he stuffed up the calculations, look at the 2nd part
Part 2

Here in NZ where 90% of our grid power is either hydro, wind, geothermal or pv, his rant doesn't apply.

Currently I'm looking at designing a small 5kw transformer less 230vac inverter that can charge our EV direct from a 400vdc PV array; so during the daytime if the car is at home it can charge for free.

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 03:05am 22 Apr 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Here in NZ where 90% of our grid power is either hydro, wind, geothermal or pv, his rant doesn't apply.

Yes but it is not going to stay that way, as EV increase in use, so will the Energy demand, that will have to come from somewhere, and its not going to be cheap, there is no way power is going to get cheaper.
Other places, have less wind, hydro, Geothermal etc.
  Quote  so during the daytime if the car is at home it can charge for free.

I agree that would be my preference also, not cheap though.
Edited 2023-04-22 13:06 by Revlac
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 04:13am 22 Apr 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Like NZ, Tasmania is all hydro, wind and solar (apart from some diesel on the Bass Strait islands.)

My EV increased our power consumption by about 20%. A lot of that has been recouped with double glazed windows - bloody marvelous windows.

Distributing solar panels so that they supply for a reasonable time rather than a peak at noon and most of the EV charging will be in house.

To be fair, I also have to take into account the power used to charge the ICE vehicle battery because we don't use it enough and it keeps going flat...

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024