Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:40 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : EV 6

Page 4 of 4    
Trev

Guru

Posted: 01:05am 06 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Russ,no 12v versions.
perth, Range would be the biggest issue. Cycle life is affected by deep discharges or high charges. Worst case scenario.....one cell at 2.8v and another cell at 4.0v. The pack cannot be dicharged without damage or charged without damage.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

Trev

Guru

Posted: 01:50am 06 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The vacuum pump wore out the set of brushes. I could not get a replacement set of brushes, because the company has moved to a new brush supplier and changed from 4 brushes to 2 brushes in their rotary pumps. The 2 brush motors are therefore wired differently too.

So I thought, since the pump is no good, no harm or loss if I mess it up more. I made a set of brushes out of copper. They didn't work very well.

This rotary pump was fitted around 6 October 2009. New pump fitted 4 November 2012. That is close on 3 yrs. Speedo reading posted 6 October 2009 was 370746. Speedo reading for the new pump 426928. The old rotary pump did 56128 km.

The new vacuum pump is a new design by the same company. It uses less power, is lighter and super quiet. It is not quite as quick to produce the vacuum, but really, it is only milliseconds different. A great pump, and cheaper too.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

perth

Posted: 05:59am 12 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

[quote]Last test I used 21.9kw to do 102km. (just checked old posts, made a mistake in the distance travelled, written 202km, should be 102km). So while it is not much, the WarP 11 is better for efficiency, than the ADC 9, in this vehicle at 100km/hr. [/quote]

any idea why this is the case? i wouldv thought theyd pull the same amount of amps for the same speed.
maybe its the same principle as bigger engines r better efficiency at highway speeds?

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 08:07am 12 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Trev,

Perhaps something like a standard set of alternator brushes filed to size (very easy to do) might work better, was the old brushes high copper content or higher carbon.

All the same not a bad life from the old pump.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

Trev

Guru

Posted: 12:17pm 12 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Perth, because the larger diameter motor has more torque for the amps in, my guess is, high amps are not held as long as the vehicle can get up to speed quicker.

Yeh Pete, that would have been a better idea, they were carbon brushes.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

Page 4 of 4    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024