Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:42 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : Small EV

Air Bender

Posted: 02:38am 29 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I thought I would post this build I done quite a few years ago before it disapears as it has already been rated for parts.I built this and had it running for my sons third birthday and it was used at least for a couple of hours everyday for years.

This is a picture of it in its prime not long after it was built.

This it at an old cycle race track we have across the road.

Here he is racing the dog which gives you a bit of an indication of the speed it ran at.

This is the gearing it ran which has been just sat back in place for the picture.
I used a 24 volt DC motor of an electric scooter with 2 12 volt motor bike batterys.
It ran two chains one from the motor to the large sprocket and then one from a small sprocket through a derailer to the three sprockets on the main shaft.

This set up worked very well I can only remember it losing a chain once in years of operation. Just a normal bike derailer was used.

This is the gear shifter which was linked to the derailer by cable which gave it three gears.

Here is the brake. A bike brake on an alloy pully which worked well.

It only had an inch ground clearence which made it very stable and luckly we never had and major accidents with it. We had a dirt track running around the back yard with lots of old tires around areas where damage could be done.

All the best Dean.

Air Bender

Posted: 02:48am 29 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here is a picture of the accelerater set up.

It is the original scooter hand throtle linked to a foot pedal.

All the best Dean.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024