Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:32 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : Brushless DC Motor from an AF Alternator

desert_rain

Posted: 04:16am 20 Mar 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello every body;

I am into building / converting my axial flux alternator to a Brushless DC Motor and preferably Sensored one having hall effect sensors on stater. I am quite new to this whole concept but I have studied through internet to understand the basic concepts of BLDC motor and controller. All I am searching for is schematic and components in the local market and make the controller.

Any guideline or help would be highly appreciated.

Respectfully
Naeem
Peshawar, (Pakistan).

P.S. I came across this Monstor Motor on youtube. I desire to make some thing like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUGi50F_bwc&list=UUvaS-RqEX8y PQ0P3hUSEetw&index=18&feature=plcp
Edited by desert_rain 2012-03-21

desert_rain

Posted: 04:32am 20 Mar 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

desert_rain said   Hello every body;

I am into building / converting my axial flux alternator to a Brushless DC Motor and preferably Sensored one having hall effect sensors on stater. I am quite new to this whole concept but I have studied through internet to understand the basic concepts of BLDC motor and controller.

I forgot to post my video where I can show my alternator to you guys. visit the following link on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCf3E6G3Kg

Naeem

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 12:05am 20 Apr 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

How is it all going Naeem ?
Cheers,  Tony.

Don B

Posted: 12:12pm 09 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Naeem,

The Fisher and Pakel motor converted to use as an alternator in many of the Back Shed projects is a brushless DC motor that uses Hall effect sensors to determine the rotor position (although it is not an axial flux type, but this does not matter).

I recall an article in the Australian Silicon Chip magazine of about a year ago that describes how to modify one of these motors for low voltage operation, including how to adapt the inbuilt Hall effect sensors to function in the new circuit.

In order to access the full details of Silicon Chip articles, I think that you will have to pay some sort of subscription, but it might be the quickest way to get hold of a workable circuit. You might also note the name of the author of this article, and see if he has any direct posts on the internet on this topic.

Other than that, keep searching the internet for information on brushless DC motors. I am sure that someone somewhere will have posted information that will help.

Regards

PS I have not ever experimented with Hall effect sensors for this function, but I imagine that you need to be careful in locating them so that their function of determining the rotor position is not compromised by the magnetic field produced by the stator windings themselves.Edited by Don B 2013-01-10
Don B

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024