Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:43 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : Exchange batts-not for sale

domwild
Guru

Posted: 10:33pm 27 Aug 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Batts ex telephone exchanges last 20 years but are exchanged after 10 and are not sold to us but go from scrap dealer to China. Reason: Some years back batts with Telstra markings were found in the bush leading to this ban, so I was told on this forum.

Some time ago when Peter Garrett was Minister for the Env. I threatened to contact the Minister to overturn this ban, well, I have finally contacted our federal member, a Mr. Ken Wyatt (Lib, Hasluck, WA) with this ban as he keeps asking me with suggestions for improvement; looks like an election is looming.

Now his secretary has called me to ask for more info; can you help?? Was it on TV?

He also advised me of the reduced influence of the gov. over Telstra. Still, if the ban gets overturned one of our entrepreneurs can bid for a pallet and onsell it. Am I too optimistic?
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024