Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:36 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : 2 x F&P motors in Parallel question

AHLab

Posted: 02:22am 15 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, im new to the forum. I hope someone can help me, i need to run two Fisher and Paykel smart drive motors in parallel. But each will be wired for different current and voltage levels.
Can i do this? Can i use diodes to stop one motor affecting the other? Both motors will be wired to a AC/DC bridge rectifier and from there to what im powering. The motors will be driven from a gasoline engine.
Possible? If so, how?

Dougpb

Posted: 11:55am 27 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi AHLab,
Check the rewiring section of the Fisher and Paykel part of the site for wiring options. As long as the wiring of the two motors are going to power separate items and are not connected in any way then there won't be any issues with running the two motors at the same time so no diodes should be required (apart from your rectifiers). The only issue you might run into is if a winding shorts and effectively puts a brake on the motor, that will affect your other one.
As for how to connect them up, there are a few options. Have a look at other peoples projects and take inspiration from them. There's a place in NZ that sells modified shafts that will take two motors and then you'll just have to figure out how to connect it to your motor, direct shaft or chain and gears etc...

Hopefully that answers your questions...

dpb

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024