Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:56 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : Wireless remotely controlled dingy (boat)

Lori

Posted: 05:43pm 13 Nov 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As part of a bigger project, I plan to build a wireless remotely controlled dingy (approx 1.5 x 2.5 meters) with an electric motor of about 10 to 15 hp and the wireless range should be a minimum of 15 meters. Whilst I have a good understanding on how to build the dingy, I have very little ideas on the electrical side. I was thinking of modifying an outboard motor and using parts of an old electric forklift. For the steering an Auto helm unit could be modified, but that is about the end of my wisdom. Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 04:23pm 14 Nov 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I thought you can buy electric outboards at a fair price.

As for the wireless range I think you could get 400m easy enough and perhaps even more with direct line of sight.

Although I would look to use something like the RF controllers used for scale model race cars, as some of the Buggy tracks are quite long.
This way all the steering, throttle, left and right trim, etc is already done.
Sometimes it just works

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024