Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Log In or Join  
Active Topics
Local Time 01:13 05 Oct 2026 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MMEdit V5.4.3

     Page 3 of 3    
Author Message
ville56
Guru

Joined: 08/06/2022
Location: Austria
Posts: 624
Posted: 03:24pm 07 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jim,

may I ask you for another small improvement to MMCC.
I'm woking on a notebook with limited display space and thus I have to relatively often change from/to setup -> show full menues as the bottom lines are below the screen area with full menues. If that would be put into a clickable button in both display modes (e.g. to toggle between modes) it would be much easier to change between modes.

Gerald
                                                                 
73 de OE1HGA, Gerald
 
TassyJim

Guru

Joined: 07/08/2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6620
Posted: 08:44pm 07 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Remember that you can turn off individual rows of buttons. That might help a bit.
I think the any more buttons will make things worse when in full menus.
I will think about it.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit
 
ville56
Guru

Joined: 08/06/2022
Location: Austria
Posts: 624
Posted: 06:48pm 24 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jim,

just playing around with VT100 escape sequences. MMCC does interprete the attributes for underline on, blink on, inverse on properly but does not do the "off" counterpart commands for these whereas e.g. putty does ...

example:
print chr$(27)+"[4m" turns underline on but
print chr$(27)+"[24m" does not turn it off again.

Gerald
                                                                 
73 de OE1HGA, Gerald
 
TassyJim

Guru

Joined: 07/08/2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6620
Posted: 09:09pm 24 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You are right, the only way to reset underline is print chr$(27)+"[0m" which resets all attributes

The only attributes MMCC handles are Normal, Bold, Underline, Reverse and Invisible.
MMCC only allows one attribute for a character at a time.

I think I can reset individual attributes without upsetting anything.
I will do some testing.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit
 
ville56
Guru

Joined: 08/06/2022
Location: Austria
Posts: 624
Posted: 06:09am 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry Jim to bother you,

just saw that plain VT100 per se only accepts "esc [0m" to reset atttributes. First I relied on AI answer but then I found the good ole VT100 programming reference card. For me AI more and more means "All Incorrect".

It is a long time ago I programmed a VT100 and memory slowly fades ... maybe 1990 when I wrote an IBM 3270 emulator for a PDP11 (in assembler) ...

Gerald
                                                                 
73 de OE1HGA, Gerald
 
TassyJim

Guru

Joined: 07/08/2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6620
Posted: 08:27am 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

MMBasic tends to use a few other VT commands and is not strict VT100
MMCC uses a sub-set of various standards as I se fit and is easy to do.

I can add the codes to reset the individual attributes.
What I can't do is allow bold + underline at the same time.
That's a restriction of my compiler. I would have to do the underline the hard way.
Bold or underline and reverse will OK

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit
 
ville56
Guru

Joined: 08/06/2022
Location: Austria
Posts: 624
Posted: 10:33am 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jim,

for me it's ok if you leave it as it is. Reset all attributes works and I can easily live with that. My problem was that I just hadn't figured out to use "reset all attributes" as I always used the individal form (many years ago).


But I found another minor issue. It seems that in MMCC if a program is large or takes longer to download the run command after download is not issued anymore. Maybe there is a timeout one can adapt in the config file ...

Example that works:

Clock> Z:\Kits\PicoMite\BAS\!Lib\Indirect-Command\ICP-V1.5.bas
Uploading using:  'target port\COM18:115200 s\picomite
Upload started
NEW
>
AUTOSAVE N
Progress: 550/565
Enter ctrl-Z, F1, or F2 to exit

Time taken: 3370mS
Saved 27202 bytes
>
> RUN
MCR>
MCR>
MCR>

Example that fails:

MCR> Z:\Kits\PicoMite\BAS\Nixie-Uhr\Clock-V1.2.1.bas
Uploading using:  'target port\COM18:115200 s\picomite
Upload started
NEW
>
AUTOSAVE N
Progress: 2400/2424
Enter ctrl-Z, F1, or F2 to exit

Time taken: 9344mS
Saved 118633 bytes
>
>

issuing RUN starts the program without any error ....

Gerald
                                                                 
73 de OE1HGA, Gerald
 
TassyJim

Guru

Joined: 07/08/2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6620
Posted: 11:16am 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

In MMCC.inf about line 110 there is an option
Autosave end delay
try increasing the value. Add another 500 or 1000

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit
 
ville56
Guru

Joined: 08/06/2022
Location: Austria
Posts: 624
Posted: 11:30am 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Perfect, thanks for the info, setting it to 2500 did the job.

Gerald
                                                                 
73 de OE1HGA, Gerald
 
Volhout

Guru

Joined: 05/03/2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 6151
Posted: 11:32am 25 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

At Jim,

Changing Autosave delay and File list delay to 3000 helps a lot in my application (PicoMiteVGA and Game*Mite). I had occasional timeouts in file list in filemanager, and not executed RUN after uploading to pico. These are gone now. But every setup is different. YMMV.

Nice that you provided the option to change it. Thanks !

Regards,

Volhout
Edited 2026-09-25 21:33 by Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS
 
PeteCotton

Guru

Joined: 13/08/2020
Location: Canada
Posts: 664
Posted: 04:27pm 27 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

After upgrading to the latest MMEdit as part of the virus check I've got to say Wow! Thanks again Jim. We don't say it enough.

I'm not sure how old my previous version of MMedit was, but this new version appears to turn off the echo to screen when downloading files to my CMM2, and it's a game changer.

Less than 2 and half seconds to download a file. Brilliant!

Once again, thank you!


Edited 2026-09-28 02:27 by PeteCotton
 
TassyJim

Guru

Joined: 07/08/2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6620
Posted: 08:22pm 27 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Don't thank me,
it is Peter and Gerry who made the changes to MMBasic - adding the 'N' option to AUTOSAVE.


Jim
VK7JH
MMedit
 
PeteCotton

Guru

Joined: 13/08/2020
Location: Canada
Posts: 664
Posted: 11:20pm 27 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Who ever is responsible, it makes a huge difference, especially with large programs.  
 
     Page 3 of 3    
Print this page


To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

The Back Shed's forum code is written, and hosted, in Australia.
© JAQ Software 2026