Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:10 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Digital Microscope

Page 2 of 2    
goc30

Guru

Posted: 02:54am 31 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all
is it same as this one
mustool g700

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 04:09am 31 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Goc,

No, it is not the same..

I cannot comment on the quality of the link you showed but the base is different and the focus adjustment is also different,

Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 04:12am 31 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Goc, All,

It is the same as this unit.

Banggood price

I bought mine for $95AU from ebay

Mik

goc30

Guru

Posted: 04:15pm 31 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thank bigmik

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 09:35pm 31 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I wonder if the lens on the front is glass or plastic, and if it can be cleaned without scratching or damage.
This may become necessary after long use from smoke and fumes when soldering up really  close.
Cheers,  Tony.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 10:52pm 31 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

When I was looking at Reviews for different makes and models, the reviewer said the lens was glass on the model linked to here (model 201). The specs also mention a separate IR lens protector to stop soldering fumes. I'm sure someone who has one of these can confirm either way.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Malibu

Posted: 12:06am 01 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glad you like it Mike  
I pretty much second your Pro's/Con's and I would say that the unit as a whole is about 95% good. The other 5% is just a little tinkering to get it up there.

A couple of thoughts I had were to strengthen the 'L' bracket holding the riser arm a little and maybe have a shim steel plate on the base so I can use magnets to hold things in place.

Quote  I wonder if the lens on the front is glass or plastic

There's a plastic ring that clips over the lens and that has a plastic cover over the lens hole. That pulls out and gets replaced by a glass UV filter. It's only held on by some DS tape, but you don't need a lot of strength on it. Should be easy and tough enough to give it a clean if needed.

@Goc: I have a USB handheld microscope that connects to the computer and it has the same focus ring as your link. THAT is the single most frustrating thing to use because when you adjust the focus and get everything clear, as soon as you let go of the ring, the focus 'relaxes' and instantly goes out of focus again. That one may be better, but I'd be wary being the same style. (I did look at that style too, but steered clear because of the focus issue)
Edited 2019-09-01 10:12 by Malibu

John

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 01:07am 01 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

FYI: I almost bought one of these about 12 months ago, however I eventually went with the more expensive unit (the 302) as it had a much bigger and heaver base and beefy construction compared to both the 301 and the smaller 201. The 301 and 302 have a 5" screen and most importantly for me, the 302 has a much longer lens and this allows greater clearance over the work piece for the same level of magnification, and the lens has a screw on filter.

Focus and stability are great, I have no trouble fitting a soldering device and tweezers under the lens.

I gave up on two big led lit bench magnifiers, they were cumbersome to use, had to be close to the work piece and unless I was in exactly the right position, I would suffer from optical distortion / focal change. The 302 has been great. However the 201 is still a great unit at the current average price of around $110 delivered here in AU.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 01:51am 01 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

KeepIS said  The specs also mention a separate IR lens protector to stop soldering fumes.

I can confirm that mine came with an IR (or was it UV) filter lens that sticks on via double sided tape..

I think that should keep the fumes from affecting the lens.

Kind Regards,

Mick

Malibu

Posted: 10:17pm 01 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Errr, yeah... sorry, it's an IR filter - my mistake  

John

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 02:34am 03 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just out of interest, for the bigger 302, there is 126mm between the glass lens protector and the top of the base plate, that's where I normally use it.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 11:41pm 04 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

KeepIS said  Just out of interest, for the bigger 302, there is 126mm between the glass lens protector and the top of the base plate, that's where I normally use it.

Yeah, I remember looking at this, last year.

I didn't see a latency issue when he moves stuff around... Is there any perceptible delay?

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 02:10am 05 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think someone measured it at around 200ms or so. I don't really notice it.

In any case, I can't use something with an eyepiece any more, and big desk magnifiers are a pain for closeup work for many reasons, however the 5" LCD screen is great and all I need.

The digital magnification is quite impressive, the only thing I notice is a slight bit of noise after X 3.7 mag factor, but the image is still really sharp and clear even at max of X 4. The 302 has about 20 steps of spotlight brightness and I mostly use mine on the lowest settings, LEDS run almost cold there. Stand is very strong, no movement at all, don't even have to lock the rack height down, very smooth. The lens focus is magic with no change of focus with stand movement or vibration.

Like most of these device, even with the lens 120mm away from the workpiece, the largest visual capture arear of a PCB is still only 15mm to 16mm.

Mike.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 02:01pm 05 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

KeepIS said  I think someone measured it at around 200ms or so. I don't really notice it.

In any case, I can't use something with an eyepiece any more, and big desk magnifiers are a pain for closeup work for many reasons, however the 5" LCD screen is great and all I need.

The digital magnification is quite impressive, the only thing I notice is a slight bit of noise after X 3.7 mag factor, but the image is still really sharp and clear even at max of X 4. The 302 has about 20 steps of spotlight brightness and I mostly use mine on the lowest settings, LEDS run almost cold there. Stand is very strong, no movement at all, don't even have to lock the rack height down, very smooth. The lens focus is magic with no change of focus with stand movement or vibration.

Like most of these device, even with the lens 120mm away from the workpiece, the largest visual capture arear of a PCB is still only 15mm to 16mm.

Mike.

Oh sure. That is 5 frames/sec which is down to lighting. The spec is up to 30 frames/sec....with sufficient illumination. Low lighting would also result in a noisy image.

This is cool. I found a UK supplier which means I pay a bit more but I will have my 302 on Monday or Tuesday.

Cheers!  

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 01:34am 06 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes that is true, however with regards to low lighting. I have NO noise even at the lowest light setting, this seems to indicate to me that although the Megapixel may be the same, the sensor surface area is bigger, which along with a revised lens would explain the higher quality image and very low/no noise at low lighting.

BTW, the image is completely noise free with the two LEDS spots turned off. The only lighting is a single ceiling mounted LED Fluro batten, it's mounted 2M above and 1m to the right of the camera.

Under that low light condition I really can't do any normal unassisted soldering or board work without additional lighting, but the image on screen is still perfect, absolutely no noise, and with just the slightest delay noticeable under that minimal light condition.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Bill7300

Posted: 11:54pm 09 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Got a little excited yesterday when I saw that Banggood was offering the newer 7" version, which also incorporates a tilting column mechanism, at special prices of either $49USD  or $51 USD, depending upon which daily offering email I opened.

Excitement was shortlived though. Clicking on the email item took me to an AUD page, where the price shows as $141.48.

Something seems drastically wrong with Banggood's choice of exchange rates?
Bill

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:01pm 10 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bill7300 said  Something seems drastically wrong with Banggood's choice of exchange rates?

Same for Canadians--$22USD 50W solar panel charger translates to $56 Canadian. Should be around $30.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 03:47am 12 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Interesting note: I've never had a need to use the HDMI output before, and as I had the chance to plug in a 27" LCD monitor today, I thought I'd see if there was any noticeable video lag. The interesting thing about this is - there was absolutely no visible delay on the 27" monitor, switching back to the inbuilt 5" display now highlights that very slight 200ms delay I had previously mentioned.

Mike.
Edited 2019-09-12 13:48 by KeepIS
It's all too hard.
Mike.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 09:29am 12 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BTW Just as a comparison of the different Lens on the 302, the following photo is the same PCB board and resistors as shown about half way down on the previous page.

1: The lens is around 125mm away (cranked right up)
2: Digital Magnification at 4.

I could fit the soldering station in there  

Mike.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 04:28am 13 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Forgot to add this: The same settings as above but no 4x digital zoom.

Note: Slight out of focus in the photo is caused by me trying to hold my camera steady to take a picture of the 5" screen and obviously I'm not using any flash.

It's all too hard.
Mike.

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024