Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:14 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Armmite F4: use external SD Card socket?

erbp

Posted: 10:36am 23 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A question for Matherp.

I have an Armmite F4 and would like to fit an external SD Card socket in parallel with the Micro SD socket on the module. This is due to the fact that for my project the F4 module will be mounted in a position such that the on-board socket will difficult to access, so I would like to mount the external SD Card socket in a position where it can be accessed easily to change SD Card.

I have a Grogster "E100 SD Holder 1A" module that would be ideal for my requirements, but am unsure about which signals connect where.

Below is a section from the STM32F407VET6 circuit diagram showing the connections to the SD Card socket. With reference to the main part of the circuit diagram I have annotated this diagram to also show the "pin numbers" on the module that the various signals appear on.

The E100 SD Holder module has the following signals:

3v3
 CS
 MOSI
 CLK
 MISO
 CD
 WP
 GND

Ignoring 3v3, Gnd and WP, can you please advise which pins the remaining signals on the external card holder should be connected to on the F4 module?

Thanks,
Phil.

matherp
Guru

Posted: 11:29am 23 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Can't be used as it doesn't have enough signals broken out.The ArmmiteF4 uses a 4-bit parallel I/F. See this for the pin mapping

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 01:02pm 23 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I brought a couple of micro SD card extender leads for my F4's (from Core Electronics I think).
Bit long but work OK. Still a bit fiddly with the micro card though.

Brian
ChopperP

palcal

Guru

Posted: 08:53pm 23 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Would something like THIS  work.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

erbp

Posted: 12:05am 24 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Peter Thanks for the info.

@Brian and @Paul - thanks for the idea of using a Micro SDCard extension cable, I hadn't realised that such beasties exist. I will probably go with this idea.

Cheers,
Phil.

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 03:05am 24 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah, I didn't know about them until I went searching a couple of months ago.
With a 7" display, the socket is rather hard to get to.

The ones I got don't have mounting screw holes for the socket. Paul's find look OK for mounting and the lengths being 10cm or 48cm.

The one's I got are 64cm long which is a bit toooooo long.

Haven't tried fixing one of mine to anything yet.

I got mine locally cos I needed them sooner, rather than later.

Brian
ChopperP

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024