Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:57 23 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 availability

BobDevries

Posted: 12:08am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all.

In a recent post, I mentioned that I already bought the STM32 daughter board.

Question: is anyone selling the kit of parts or even just the motherboard for the CMM2? It seems that Silicon Chip is not handling it at this stage (refer to the "Coming up in Silicon Chip" in the June issue).

I'm really keen to get this built.

Regards,
Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 02:16am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BobDevries said  It seems that Silicon Chip is not handling it at this stage (refer to the "Coming up in Silicon Chip" in the June issue).

Hi Bob,

I noticed that the CMM-2 was not mentioned either (first thing I looked for), but this section of SC is only a guide as to what is coming up. I've queried them before on this issue.
You could contact them to see what is happening with it.

I'm still waiting for mine to come from CG in the USA.

Brian
(Toowoomba)
ChopperP

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 02:17am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Silicon Chip will be offering a kit in the July issue.  It will include everything except the Waveshare board and case.  I think that the case + pre cut front/back panels will be offered separably.

Part 1 of the Colour Micromite 2 article will definitely be in the July issue (due out in late June).  Part 2 will be in August.

Geoff
Edited 2020-05-29 12:28 by Geoffg
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

BobDevries

Posted: 04:18am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the heads-up Geoffg.

I already bought the Waveshare module, so a kit of parts even without the case would be great.

Regards,
Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

Bill7300

Posted: 08:59am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Geoffg said  Silicon Chip will be offering a kit in the July issue.  It will include everything except the Waveshare board and case.  I think that the case + pre cut front/back panels will be offered separably.

Part 1 of the Colour Micromite 2 article will definitely be in the July issue (due out in late June).  Part 2 will be in August.

Geoff
My June issue arrived here at my temporary Victorian location this week, by mistake as I only altered my mailing address for delivery of a couple of pcbs :( Doesn't mention the CMM2 article in its "coming next month" summary.

Bill
Bill

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 09:29am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am selling the all-in-one PCB version as of right now.
This is not a kit, but a fully assembled PCB.

Have a look HERE.

Phil(WhiteWizard) and Circuit Gizmos are also selling units into England and America respectively.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Bill7300

Posted: 10:32pm 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  I am selling the all-in-one PCB version as of right now.
This is not a kit, but a fully assembled PCB.

Have a look HERE.

Phil(WhiteWizard) and Circuit Gizmos are also selling units into England and America respectively.
I'm interested in your single board offering Grogs but I do have a Waveshare module too so I'm thinking of getting both options. Not sure how many blue boards you still have but I can't seem to find that option on your site. Price?

Bill
Bill

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:28am 30 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No, I have not put up the blue ones yet.
I have ten blank PCB's, and about seven WS modules, but want to standardise on selling the all-in-one design.

I will put up something on the website over the weekend for the blue-boards and WS modules, but once they are sold, those products will vanish from the site in favour of the all-in-one design.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 02:26am 30 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BobDevries said  
Question: is anyone selling the kit of parts or even just the motherboard for the CMM2?

(ed - given hong kong shipping strife )

You could try oshpark .
At 4x5 that would get three pcbs for $100, maybe add the fedex ~$20 faster shipping.  ( US $ ).  So approx $65 ish Aus each.

[ The ENIG finish is standard which makes the soldering quite a bit easier. ]

I am wondering about that for the full on-board PCB,  I don't think anyone is supplying those without kit. It depends mainly if/when the on-board pcb files  are made available (?). The soldering challenge is there...I am resisting...but... ]  

ed2 - I have also used PCBway some time ago, they were very good and did not cost a lot, though I would have concerns about the political/covid-19 situation affecting delivery times which is a common problem I guess.
Edited 2020-05-30 20:54 by zeitfest

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024