Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:39 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Maximite 2 Keyboard Layout only for UK/US?

Amnesie
Guru

Posted: 12:30pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello I am Daniel and a new member of this forum and the Maximite community. Last year I bought the Colour Maximite and was pretty amazed by the power of this little device. Now I ordered the PCBs for the Maximite 2 in China and was able to source all other parts in Germany, were I am located. This brings me to the question:

Is it possible in the future to implement a German Keyboard-Layout? As I read in the manual it only supports UK/US. So I have to order a new US-Style Keyboard :/ or look up every time the actual key. The Colour Maximite can switch to German Layout, too.

I am really thankful for all the great work you people did and hope to share some programs / listings in the future with you!  

Greetings from Germany!
Daniel
Edited 2020-07-01 22:32 by Amnesie

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 12:46pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

some discussion here might help
Latest F4 Latest H7

SWA-Guy

Posted: 01:57pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hallo Daniel,

du hast Glück ab Firmware V5.5.3 gibt es auch ein deutsches Tastaurlayout. Direkt beim erstmaligen Einschalten kannst die gewünschte Tastatur auswählen.

Gruß aus Bad Schwalbach.

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 02:05pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Alter, die Anderen denken jetzt Du hast nen dreckigen Witz erzählt und sie dürfen nicht mitlachen!

Seriously:
The question was answered in german and the rest is just joking!

Andre ... such a GURU?

SWA-Guy

Posted: 02:31pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

We as a German minority should have something to say.

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 02:45pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Germans are always at their best ... as a minority!

... and all I can say is:

... at least we are no Bavarians!

But back to severity:

The answer was that from Firmware V5.5.3 first turn on a german keyboard layout can be chosen.

By the way thanks for that reply!
Andre ... such a GURU?

Decoy

Posted: 02:53pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Let us not forget about the Danish minority!  

Amnesie
Guru

Posted: 03:40pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hallo, das ist ja großartig! Vielen Dank für die Info, dann kann es, wenn die Teile da sind ja losgehen, bin schon ganz gespannt! Wusste gar nicht, dass es tatsächlich ein paar Deutsche hier gibt! Grüße aus dem Norden (M-V)!

Hello, that is great news! Thank you for the info, ... now just waiting for the parts!

Paul_L
Guru

Posted: 05:20pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hallo, Daniel,

Hier gibt es mehr als nur ein paar Deutsche. Mein Großvater Otto Sebbes verließ Bremerhaven 1896, um nach New York zu kommen. Er betrachtete es als Preußen und mochte die Idee von Deutschland nicht.

Ich habe Schwierigkeiten, modernes Hochdeutsch zu lesen. Ich habe ein wenig Niederdeutsch oder Plattdeutsche von ihm gelernt.

Google hilft mir sicher dabei, intelligenter zu klingen.

Hi Daniel,

There are more than just a few germans here. My grandfather, Otto Sebbes, left Bremerhaven in 1896 to come to New York. He considered it Prussia and disliked the idea of Germany.

I have difficulty reading modern high German. I learned a little Plattdeutsche from him.

Google sure helps making me sound more intelligent.

Paul in NY

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 05:38pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Interestingly the number of Germans is currently increasing.

I just have sent you a PM, just look on top of this page if it arrived.

Decoy said  Let us not forget about the Danish minority!  

I love Denmark, actually we are planning to settle close to the border at Flensburg finally in some years!

My favourite movies are from Denmark, especially "Kina spiser de hunde" and all related or "De grønne sl*gtere", all Kim Bodnia- or Nikolaj Lie Kaas-Stuff, the last film I saw just some days ago was "Mænd & høns"

... but spoken danish is so heavy to understand, swedish is much easier, though grammar is quite equal, but we have not given up yet!

My standard heavy example always is the Name "Rohde" (from "Bron/Broen") ... this pronunciation is killing me.

Danish rockz!

Andre ... such a GURU?

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 05:45pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Paul_L said  Mein Großvater Otto Sebbes verließ Bremerhaven 1896, um nach New York zu kommen. Er betrachtete es als Preußen und mochte die Idee von Deutschland nicht.

Ich habe Schwierigkeiten, modernes Hochdeutsch zu lesen. Ich habe ein wenig Niederdeutsch oder Plattdeutsche von ihm gelernt.

My Grandfather also came from Eastern Prussia ... so we both must be tall and strong guys, real "Bauernprengel"!?

Your German is fine!

Google is a great instrument if one knows how to use it and can see the mistakes it makes, so just for support, this always helps me with languages I am not very experienced in.
Andre ... such a GURU?

Amnesie
Guru

Posted: 06:27pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@ Andre habe dir auch eine Nachricht gesendet, wird mir allerdings nicht angezeigt (meine), daher falls nichts von mir ankam, sag bescheid!

Quick translation in english for viewers:

@ Andre just sent you a PM, but can't see my sent PM, respond if it arrived

Greetings!
Daniel

Amnesie
Guru

Posted: 09:29pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@ Paul (in NY)

Hi there! I never thought that so many people even respond to my question. Really great community here. Can't wait to get my hands on it. And yes the idea of Germany at this time period isn't that great indeed. My english isn't the best either, but I think it is just right to understand me :)

Greetings!
Daniel
Edited 2020-07-02 07:30 by Amnesie

Amnesie
Guru

Posted: 09:36pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

SWA-Guy said  Hallo Daniel,

du hast Glück ab Firmware V5.5.3 gibt es auch ein deutsches Tastaurlayout. Direkt beim erstmaligen Einschalten kannst die gewünschte Tastatur auswählen.

Gruß aus Bad Schwalbach.

Grüße zurück aus Rostock!

Ich habe schon gesehen, dass du dich im anderen Thread gut beteiligt hast, dass das deutsche Layout implementiert wird, super! Danke dafür!

(English translation for interested: I just saw your post in the above linked thread, thank you for the help to make it possible, to implement it in the code)

Greetings!
Daniel

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024