Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:16 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM 2 software repository/downloads

daveculp

Posted: 11:35pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I got my CMM2 a few days a go and it is awesome!  Almost everything I want in a modern retro style computer.

I also just watched The 8-bit Guys video and he had a lot of demos and games on his SD card.  Ive also seen a few on the internet.  My CMM 1 came with an SD card loaded with examples. There is also a place to download examples for the original color Maximite.

Is there place to download examples, demos and games for the Maximite 2?

Thanks!

David Culp

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:18am 02 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Work in progress, but CMM2 demo programs
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

thwill

Guru

Posted: 11:06am 02 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Welcome onboard David,

daveculp said  I also just watched The 8-bit Guys video and he had a lot of demos and games on his SD card.

At the moment I'm afraid that game-wise it's a bit like you've booked a holiday and arrived only to find that the resort is still a building site .

It looked to me like The 8-Bit Guy had a copy of an SD card image from one of the CMM2 principals, at a guess "matherp" since I've seen him post file-manager screenshots with the same list of programs.

I understand that the games and the demoscene style demo that were shown were by "MauroXavier" and have currently not been released to the community.

Other than the link pointed to by "lizby" and a puzzle type game that I now can't locate the forum post for (anyone?) the only publicly available game I can point you at that was specifically written for the CMM2 is my own Z-machine implementation which allows you to play old Infocom text adventures; see the link in my signature if you are interested.

Best wishes,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

MauroXavier
Guru

Posted: 11:18am 02 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This weekend I intend to finish a little website with my projects, including all Colour Maximite Games (CMM1 and CMM2) with source codes.

I will put the link here when finished.

Amnesie
Guru

Posted: 11:28am 02 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

MauroXavier said  This weekend I intend to finish a little website with my projects, including all Colour Maximite Games (CMM1 and CMM2) with source codes.

I will put the link here when finished.

This is a great idea! I saw your demos on YouTube - really amazing!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024