Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:52 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Color Maximite Compatible LCD Panels

Carnifex

Posted: 02:28pm 04 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a Color Maximite I purchased on ebay recently, I also have a Maximite 2 coming from Rictech. I have been brushing up on my Basic skills and having a lot of fun making LED's blink, using light sensors and evening rewriting a Dungeons and Dragons character generator I wrote back in the 80's.

Anyway, the Maximite I have, has the Arduino connectors on it, but the ILI9341 LCD shield I have is not compatible. What I need to know is, what Arduino Shield I should buy that will work with the LCD command and I can just plug in and have work. I would like to avoid assembling it myself, but I am not adverse to some soldering work if necessary. I don't need anything fancy, 2 lines of text is fine.

Any help is appreciated.

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:35pm 04 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

HI and welcome.
WE have to know what device you have before we can give a suitable answer to your question.
The colour Maximite usually refers to the original Maximite which uses a VGA display, much the same as the CMM2.

If you have a micromite, it will be designed for a LCD such as the ILI9341 that you have.

There are a lot of different configurations so more information about your current device and perhaps a photo will help.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Carnifex

Posted: 09:58pm 04 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I currently have the original Colour Maximite, to be more specific, I bought one of these off ebay pretty cheap. I updated the firmware to 4.5C.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/818225433/maximite-bbx-the-modern-day-basic-language-compute

The LCD I have, I bought for use with an Arduino a couple of years ago. It is touch and has an SD Card slot on it, although I am not particularly concerned about either of those functions at the moment.

I hope that helps.
Edited 2020-07-05 07:59 by Carnifex

panky

Guru

Posted: 07:13am 05 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@carnifex,

As I understand it. the Colour Maximite and Colour Maximite 2 only support VGA output as far as colour graphics are concerned. Any TFT that supports VGA as an input could be used (I have used a 7" TFT with a VGA input successfully) - it is the video format that is the issue here, not the actual type of display technology.

The display you show requires either parallel data plus control signals or SPI formatted data to configure and display information.  This is what is done in the Micromite series. There a a couple of Micromite platforms that support the Arduino shield format however I do not know if the existing drivers for such a display use the pinouts on that particular shield.

Hope this helps,

panky
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024